Vaccination strategies that target tumor antigens to dendritic cells can be utilized to induce immune responses that are able to eliminate tumors. Recently, we have discovered an efficient collaboration between CD169+ macrophages and dendritic cells that results in efficient antigen presentation and activation of cytotoxic T cells. Our goal is to develop and analyse cancer vaccines that deliver cancer antigens to CD169+ macrophages for the activation of anti-cancer immune repsonses. For this we use antibodies, nanobodies and natural ligands to target cancer antigens to CD169+ macrophages.
As a Post doc your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Study the binding, uptake and presentation of vaccines that target to CD169+ macrophages;
- Clone and analyze nanobodies that bind to CD169;
- Study the activation of human T cells by cancer vaccines that target to CD169+ antigen presenting cells using human in vitro culture systems;
- Study the activation of antigen-specific cytotoxic T cells and their anti-tumor reactivity by using in vivo mouse models for melanoma.
We are looking for a junior post-doc who has the following expertise and experience:
- You have a PhD degree in immunology or molecular biology;
- You have experience with immunological and/or molecular biological techniques;
- You preferably have experience with working with animals (article 9).
Your work environment
The department of molecular cell biology and immunology consists of several research groups that study cellular and molecular interactions in health and disease. In the research group ‘Dendritic cell biology’, we investigate how different types of dendritic cells and macrophages function in the immune system. This knowledge is essential for the development of new immunotherapies for cancer.’
Working at Amsterdam UMC means working in an inspiring and professional environment in which developing one`s talents and skills is encouraged. We offer you ample opportunity for development, deepening and broadening, additional training and a place to grow! Working at Amsterdam UMC, VUmc location means working in an inspiring and professional environment where development is encouraged in every aspect.
Salary Scale 10: 2826 tot 4481 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
In addition we offer:
– A contract for 12 months.
– Additional benefits include an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday pay.
– Pension is accrued at the ABP. VUmc contributes a large part of the premium (70%).
– In addition to excellent accessibility by public transport, we reimburse 75% of your OV travel costs (commuting costs).
For more information about our employment conditions, please visit our website.
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a VOG (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag).
Information and application
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact dr. J.M.M. den Haan, associate professor, via telephone number +3120 444 8058.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Brend de Jong, corporate recruiter at 020 4445635.
You can apply till 19 April 2020 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.