As a Research Technician your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- to help carry out in vivo vaccination studies in murine melanoma models, process mouse-derived tumors and lymphoid tissues and characterize them through flow cytometric profiling for infiltration by T cell and myeloid subsets
- to carry out flow cytometric and transcriptional profiling of human melanoma cultures with (armed) oncolytic adenoviruses
- to assess the activity of signaling pathways connected to immune suppression in the melanoma microenvironment by immunohistochemistry
- to analyze obtained data and write reports
You will be collaborating closely with a postdoc to study the effects of an oncolytic adenovirus, genetically armed to fight tumor-induced suppression of dendritic cells (DC), which will be intratumorally applied in murine models of melanoma, in combination with immune checkpoint blockade. The effects of this virus will also be studied in vitro in human melanoma models with flow cytometric, transcriptional and proteomics analyses. The project’s aim is to overcome immunotherapy resistance and kick-start an effector T cell response that will provide protection against local recurrence and distant metastatic spread of melanoma.
We are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic research technician:
- With a training in biomedical sciences (HLO or equivalent) and with an affinity for immunology
- With experience in flow cytometry, cell culture, and preferably with animal handling (Article 9/12)
- You have a flexible, pro-active team spirit but you can also work independently
- You have excellent communication skills
Your work environment
The Immunotherapy and Immune monitoring Lab at the Department of Medical Oncology, located at VUmc-CCA and headed by Prof. Tanja de Gruijl, carries out translational studies with the aim to develop and apply innovative immunotherapeutic strategies in the treatment of cancer. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated technician to join our dynamic and multidisciplinary team of young researchers. Research in the Laboratory of the Department of Medical Oncology is performed within a stimulating translational environment and at an internationally highly competitive level.
Salary Scale 7: 2422 tot 3280 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
- Additional benefits include an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday pay. Interested in the gross-net calculation? Visit the website of Raet here your net salary (no netto salaris (without prejudice).
- Pension is accrued at the ABP. VUmc contributes a large part of the premium (70%).
- In addition to excellent accessibility by public transport, we reimburse 75% of your OV travel costs (commuting costs).
- We also provide you with the opportunity to follow further training and development.
- The technician position is for two years with a possibility of extension.
For more information about our employment conditions, please visit our website onze website.
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a VOG (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag).
For employees working in direct contact with the patients an extensive screening programm can be part of the procedure. Klik hier detailed information can be found here.
Information and application
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact Tanja de Gruijl, via telephone number 0204444063.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Frank Bax, corporate recruiter at 0611320080.
You can apply till 9 May 2021 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.