Your work environment
The successful candidate participates in a project in which the antigen presenting capacity of lymph node stromal cells is studied. The project is a joint research program between the group of Dr. Lisa van Baarsen (Amsterdam Rheumatology and immunology Centre (ARC), within the department of Experimental Immunology, AMC) and the group of Prof. dr. Reina Mebius (Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology at the VUmc). The project incorporates in vivo mouse models, human in vitro models and analysis of patient material with the ultimate goal to translate our findings to the clinic. The candidate will be working at the VUmc and is part of a team of young and enthusiastic researchers.
As a technician your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- To contribute to determining the functioning of lymph node stromal cells in their control of lymphocytes in in vitro and in vivo models. In addition, unique patient materials will be used to translate the experimental findings to the clinic.
- To work with primary cell cultures, use various molecular biology methods and flow cytometric analyses
- To carefully document technical procedures and results according to standard operating procedures
- To contribute to (technical) discussions during lab meetings.
We are looking for a highly motivated, social and enthusiastic technician:
- with a completed HLO or Master training (life sciences or related), with affinity for Immunology;
- with experience with cell culture, molecular biology, (multiparameter) flow cytometry and imaging, and preferably animals (article 9 or 12);
- who is a team player. You are flexible and independent.
- with excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal.
Your work environment
Research within the departments Experimental Immunology (AMC) and Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology (VUmc) are performed in a stimulating environment and at an international high competitive level. The focus is on cellular and molecular interactions involved in immune homeostasis, inflammation and anti-cancer responses. The group of Prof. Reina Mebius studies the development of the immune system as well as the mucosal immune system. By combining genome-wide expression profiling and detailed cellular analysis in synovial and lymphoid biopsies of patients, the research group of Dr. Lisa van Baarsen studies the immunological processes involved in the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis.
Salary Scale 7: 2422 tot 3280 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
- Additional benefits include an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday pay. Interested in the gross-net calculation? Visit the website of Raet here your net salary (without prejudice).
- Pension is accrued at the ABP. VUmc contributes a large part of the premium (70%).
- In addition to excellent accessibility by public transport, we reimburse 75% of your OV travel costs (commuting costs).
- We also provide you with the opportunity to follow further training and development.
- The position is funded by ZON-Mw. The position is available for 1 year in the first instance with the possibility of extension for 3 to 6 months (depending on salary scale classification).
For more information about our employment conditions, please visit our website onze website (Dutch version)
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a VOG (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag).
For employees working in direct contact with the patients an extensive screening programm can be part of the procedure. Klik hier detailed information can be found here.
For more information about this position you can contact prof. dr. R.E. (Reina) Mebius firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in this job and you meet the requirements in the job profile, we encourage you to apply by sending a brief letter of introduction including motivation for this position, as well as your CV. You can apply until 16 May 2021 by using the button below
Information and application
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact Rose-Marie Stiekel-Aarsen, via telephone number 020-4448080.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Frank Bax, corporate recruiter at 06-11320080.
You can apply till 16 May 2021 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.