Your job will primarily consist of biostatistical research and data analysis support for clinical research.
This will involve:
- Develop statistical methods for the analysis of innovative clinical trials and non-randomized, real-world data;
- Give presentations on methodology and statistics at department meetings and conferences;
- Assist and train researchers in more complex statistical techniques;- Coordinate review meetings where colleagues share and discuss their paper proposals, including analysis plan, at an interim stage.
You will also be involved in teaching statistics (max10%).
We are looking for biostatistician with the following background:
- You hold a PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Epidemiological methods or a closely related discipline;
- You have a strong background in developing new computational and/or statistical methods;
- You have experience with analyzing observational data and clinical trial data;
- You have good programming skills, preferably in R;
- You have good communicative skills;
- You are a very independent researcher, with the ambition to acquire research grants.
Your work environment
The department of Epidemiology & Data Science supports and initiates medical and methodological research and offers courses for medicine and statistics students, as well as specialized postdoctoral courses. Our Decision Modeling group develops and applies statistical methods for the analysis of clinical trial and real-world data, with a focus on evidence synthesis, causality, and decision making. We have a particular interest in the interplay between statistics and biology and the development of innovative trials for the evaluation of personalized treatment strategies.
Working at Amsterdam UMC means working in an inspiring and professional environment in which developing one`s talents and skills is encouraged. We offer you ample opportunity for development, deepening and broadening, additional training and a place to grow!
Salary Scale 11: 3922 tot 5383 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
This position is initially for one year, but has the prospect of an extension, depending on achievements. We offer you the opportunity to further develop your skills, to deepen and broaden your knowledge, and to follow additional training. Working at Amsterdam UMC means working in an inspiring and professional environment where development is encouraged in every respect.
In addition, we offer, among other things:
- 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance.
- Free and unlimited access to the training offer of our online learning environment GoodHabitz.
- Your pension is accrued at The Dutch Pension Fund for government and education employees (ABP). Amsterdam UMC contributes 70% of this scheme.
- We reimburse 75% of your public transport travel costs and also offer a bicycle arrangement.
For more information about our employment conditions, please visit our website.
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag; VOG).
Information and application
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact Prof. dr. Hans Berkhof, via telephone number 020-4449255.
If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Brend de Jong, corporate recruiter at 020-4448704.
You can apply till 27 June 2021 by using the apply button.
Acquisition based on this vacancy is not appreciated.